Intimacy is not all about the physical contact between couples. It also represents closeness, affection, warm associations, tenderness and so much more!
The idea behind this test is to assess the level of intimacy in a relationship.
Answer the questions below to find out!
- Can you disclose anything about yourself, including your deepest thoughts and feelings, without fear of rejection or misunderstanding?
- Is the message of your relationship, “Grow, Expand, Create, Disclose, Reveal?” Or is it, “Hide, Conceal, Think only in certain ways, behave only in certain ways, feel only certain things?”
Grow___ Hide ___
- Does this relationship offer both parties optimal growth? ___
- Can you both develop into the greatest persons you can be? ___
- Does your partner fully accept that you have thoughts, beliefs, preferences, and feelings that differ from his? ___
- Does he respect those differences? ___
- Does he cherish you despite them? ___
- Does he accept your differences without trying to change you? ___
- Do you want to accept that your partner has thoughts, beliefs, preferences, and feelings that differ from yours? ___
- Can you respect those differences? ___
- Can you accept them without trying to change them? ___
If your answers are not looking good then you need to reevaluate your relationship. Remember that intimacy is sharing.
Through intimacy, you allow the other person to see your deepest self, your past, triumphs, failures, your secret shames, uncertainties, and all the things that make you who you are, without fear or reservation.